Automate with Paitron
Paitron acts as a spell checker for engineering models, offering a “one-click” approach for safety assessment. Unlike other solutions, it seamlessly integrates with your preferred simulation tools, such as OrCAD & Matlab Simulink, reusing existing digital models for FMEA, FMECA, and FMEDA.
This streamlined process significantly reduces modeling overhead, eliminates the need for additional test models, and ensures a seamless, efficient, and hassle-free workflow with no media break.
No magic, nor probabilistic methods are used to derive the results. Formal methods and theorem proofing enable white-box reasoning and the highest quality. Therefore, receiving a Concept Report by TÜV SÜD (for ISO 26262 and IEC 61508).
Whether E/E, PL, or interdisciplinary systems covering mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics, paitron will support you.
At a glance
Originated in 2011 as a functional safety standard for the automotive industry. The latest revision is in 2018. Distinguishes critical systems along ASIL A-D. Mandatory FMEA/FMEDA.
The “mother of” functional safety standards was published in 1998. With its latest revision in 2010, it is mainly applied in the process industry. Categories are SIL 1-4. Mandatory FMEDA.
Published in 2015, ISO 13849 is specifically applicable to control systems of safety-related systems, e.g. in robotics. Provides five classes to determine the safety of a system, PL a-e. FMEA/FMEDA/FMECA is mandatory.
and many more...
Whether medical devices, marine systems, trains, or aerospace, functional safety analyses are prescribed globally.
The modeling and simulation tool for nearly all use cases. With libraries ranging from the hydraulic to the electronic domain, Matlab Simulink is used across industries. Matlab Simulink 2019a onwards is supported.
The freeware tool by Analog Devices is the go-to software to simulate electronic circuits. Features are modeling, simulation & generation of Bill-of-materials. The latest version LTspice XVII is supported.
Developed by Cadence, OrCAD offers functionality from modeling, and simulation to layouts.
and many more...
Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and many more tools are supported by paitron. In case of no existing interface to your tool, we are happy to provide you with the proper implementation.
FMEA is an inductive approach to assess a system’s behavior under fault. The bottom-up analysis allows inspecting possible failure modes methodologically.
Failure modes, effects, and diagnostic analysis is an extension to the FMEA to reflect the diagnostic capabilities of a system.
Failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis put emphasis on the severity and occurrence rate of failure effects.
and many more...
Furthermore, Fault-tree analysis (FTA), Root-cause analysis (RCA), and many more analyses are employed in the industry. In case of an individualized analysis, please contact us for support.
Wondering what’s unique?
A Plug n Play Solution
Effortlessly elevate your workflow to new levels of productivity!
Helping you focus on what’s important!
Formal, Complete, Correct
Reliable analysis, every single time!
Your Versatile Safety Solution
Flexible & cross-industry safety solution!
- Paitron integrates across toolchains and company processes with industry-standard modeling and simulation environments, empowering engineers to work in their preferred tools such as Matlab Simulink, LTspice, OrCAD, PSpice, and Capture.
- This flexibility eliminates the need for additional training and streamlines the adoption process.
- With an overhead of less than 6 hours, Paitron proves to be efficient from the very first day. Install it in the morning, and start saving by the evening!
Unmatched Efficiency and Time Savings
- By automating complex safety analyses, paitron significantly reduces time and effort.
- What used to take up several person weeks can now be accomplished with a few hours of computation plus manual result control (single-digit person hours) enabling you to focus on critical tasks and accelerate project timelines.
- Moreover, paitron empowers you to design more products in shorter timeframes, unlocking new opportunities for innovation and rapid product development.
Ensuring Precision in Safety Analysis
- Paitron employs precise formal methods and advanced algorithms to deliver rigorous and accurate safety analysis.
- It eliminates guesswork and provides you with reliable, data-driven insights to make informed decisions, minimizing risks and ensuring optimal safety levels.
- Additionally, paitron’s comprehensive approach ensures unwavering attention to detail. You never overlook sneak paths and leakage current ever again!
Platform Independence for Cross-Industry Solutions
- As an industry-agnostic solution, paitron caters to diverse sectors, allowing organizations from various industries to benefit from its functionality.
- Whether it’s automotive, aerospace, or industrial applications, paitron provides a versatile platform for automating functional safety across different domains.
- With paitron, bring state-of-the-art technology to every project, regardless of its size or complexity!
What do we offer?
Not sure how Paitron fits into your engineering processes? No problem. We at Modelwise will execute a proof of concept and support you in piloting and evaluating the benefits.
Tool & Process Consulting
With our expertise in engineering processes, we will support your change project and advise tools and processes, always aiming for the highest quality and efficiency.
What to expect in the next steps?
Pre-study & process analysis
Proof of concept
Use in production
Looking for something else?
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
In this article, we present a template for gathering & structuring all information required by a human or software to perform a failure-mode-and-effects analysis (FMEA) using formal languages. The practical use of such a template for safety analysis is highlighted through the safety analysis (single point of failure) of a voltage monitor presented in the “ARP4761 recommended practice for aerospace system safety assessment”.
The HIMax is an industrial safety-critical system of the HIMA Paul Hildebrandt GmbH that contains multiple digital output modules, whose signals are intended for use in a programmable electronic system. In this article, a partial safety analysis of the HIMax is assessed with paitron.
This article aims to show how the tool concept of paitron was evaluated from TÜV SÜD and regarding its certification ability as a qualified software for the use in safety-critical applications.
In this article, we compare a manually generated expert failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) taken from SAE ARP4761 with an automatically generated one, produced with paitron and find where the ARP 4761 went wrong.
In this article, a failure mode and diagnostic analysis (FMEDA) of the power supply module of an Arduino™ UNO Rev3 is presented in order to assess the robustness of its design and estimate its lifetime when being uninterruptedly powered.